How To Detect Hidden Cameras ?
★ Where Do People Put Hidden Cameras?The whole point of a hidden camera is to remain hidden to catch subjects off guard. Hidden camera designers use several techniques to blend them into their surroundings expertly. While a hidden camera may be virtually anything, vendors mass produce some popular models to keep in mind during your hidden camera sweep
- Smoke detectors
- Air filter equipment
- Wall décor
- Electrical outlets
- Desk plants
- Tissue boxes
- Stuffed teddy bears
- Couch cushions, table tops, and shelves
- DVD cases
- Lava lamps
- Digital TV boxes
- Wall sockets
- Hairdryer holders
- Wall or alarm clocks
- Clothes hooks
- Light bulbs
- Neckties and tie clips
- Penss (Figurines, Stuffed Animals, Vases, etc.)
★ How to Detect Hidden Cameras？As cameras get smaller, you can expect more spying to take place. These tips will help you detect a hidden camera in your room and protect yourself.
2. Use Your Mobile Phone Flash Light: So here’s the thing. Most camera lenses, even the tiniest ones reflect light. So a hidden camera would reflect light too. Turn off the lights and turn on your smartphone flashlight to scan the room. If you spot a reflection, you can dig deep and check for a hidden camera.
3. Cover Any Suspicious Device In Your Room: If you find a suspicious device in your room and you do not know what they are for and what is their use, the best thing to do is to unplug the device and cover it with a towel. You could also simply stuff the device in a drawer.
4. Download An Application To Scan The Recording Equipment: You can download an application that will scan for frequencies used by recording equipment. Detectify and Radarbot are a few applications that you can download on an Android phone. A lot of these applications to find secret hidden cameras near you are free.
5. Get Your Hands On A Spy Camera Device: Look for an RF signal detector and you will get a wide range. Sweep the room with the bug detector. And while these devices are not widely reviewed by regular consumers, it can be a great way to detect a hidden camera especially if you are someone who is on the go most of the time.
Pen-sized bug-sweeper which is as easy to use as it is discrete
Before sweeping for bugs or hidden cameras, unplug and disconnect all WiFi connections, routers, cell phones, and other wireless devices so their signals won’t interfere with your sweep.
When using a hidden camera finder, split the room to be searched into quadrants. Then, sweep one quadrant at a time. This assures that you more fully check all areas of the room.
★ What to Do If You Detect Hidden Spy Surveillance Cameras at Your Place
If you find hidden cameras in your room, you should take the below procedures.
Step 1. Don't move or touch the hidden cameras. (The police would collect the fingerprints to locate the criminal.)
Step 2. Take all of your belongs out of the viewing angle of the camera.
Step 3. Take pictures of the camera for evidence.
Step 4. Call the police or other authorities to investigate the case.